How to transfer your domain name from HostGator
This easy to follow step by step guide will allow you to transfer your domain from Hostgator to WeHost with ease.
Note: Before you initiate the transfer make sure you have access to the domains registered owners email address, check the WHOIS output for your domain to find this out. Both registrars use this email address to send you important information about the transfer. If it is invalid, contact your current registrar to update it.
UK Domain Names (.co.uk, .org.uk, .me.uk, plc.uk, ltd.uk)
To initiate your domain transfer
1. Place your domain transfer to WeHost by visiting the Transfer Domains page. Enter your domain in the Transfer Existing Domain box and click transfer. Follow and complete the 4 stage checkout process.
To Complete The Transfer
2. Submit a ticket to Hostgator requesting them to change the domain IPS tag to GANDI
3. Hostgator will complete the transfer within 24 hours
All Other Domain Names (.com etc)
Note: Before initiating the domain transfer please ensure your contact information is correct. Login to your Hostgator account and navigate to the Domains Manager tab. Click on the domain name and then click the CONTACTS tab where you can update your contact details.
1. Login into your Hostgator control panel
2. Go to the Domain Manager tab
3. Click the domain name you want to transfer and unlock it on the LOCK tab
4. Click on the PRIVACY tab and turn off privacy
5. On the TRANSFER EPP tab get the Auth code (EPP key). Hostgator will email this to the administrative contact’s (admin) email address for the domain name, follow the instructions within the email to approve the transfer.
7. Place your domain transfer to WeHost by visiting the transfer domains page. Enter your domain in the transfer existing domain box and click transfer. Follow and complete the 4 stage checkout process.
8. You will receive an email once the transfer has been initiated, to confirm the transfer
9. Reply quoting the Auth code (EPP key) confirming the transfer
10. In your Hostgator account, go to the Domain Manager tab and select the domain and click the TRANSFER EPP tab and approve the transfer.